What is Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)?
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana PMFBY (Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana) is a crop insurance scheme for the farmers. Under this scheme, in case of loss of crops due to heavy rains and natural disasters, the central government provides financial help to the farmers through crop insurance.
The main objective of the crop insurance scheme is to help the farmers by compensating the losses incurred in crops due to natural calamities like bad weather, heavy rain, storm, drought, flood, hailstorm etc. Under this scheme, the insured amount on crops damaged due to natural disasters is transferred directly to the bank accounts of farmers.
How to apply for PM Crop Insurance Scheme (PMFBY)
You can apply for this scheme both online and offline. Online application can be filled through PMFBY official portal pmfby.gov.in or can also be done through CSC centres. And offline application can be done through banks, cooperative banks, and rural banks.
How to apply online?
- First of all you have to go to the official portal of this scheme pmfby.gov.in.
- After this, click on the link of Apply for Crop Insurance by Yourself in Farmer Corner on the homepage.
- Now you will see the Farmer Application Page, there you have to click on the Guest Farmers button.
- After this, the farmer registration form of Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme will open in front of you.
Read also: Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Fill all the information asked in this form properly like name, address, phone number, Aadhar card, bank account information etc..
- After filling all the information and verifying your mobile number with OTP and Aadhaar number, click on Create User button.
- After farmer registration, login with the help of your mobile number and OTP, after that complete some given steps like uploading documents etc.
- Registering on the portal, you will get a receipt number which can be used to know the status of the application.
How to know the status of application made for crop insurance scheme.
Farmers who have registered themselves on the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana portal can know the PMFBY Application Status very easily. To know the status of the application, click on the Application Status link on the homepage of the portal, enter your receipt number and click on the Check Status link. After that you will know the status of your application.
Documents required for Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme
- It is mandatory for the farmer to have Aadhar Card..
- There should be a bank account linked to Aadhar card..
- This is necessary to have documentation of Khasra number/account number of the land.
- It is necessary to mention the date on which the farmer started sowing the crop.
- If the land has been divided or the crop has been sown on lease, then it is necessary to have a photocopy of the deal made with the original owner of the land.
Last Date for application of crop insurance scheme
The last date for application of the scheme is as follows.
- For Kharif crops – 31 July
- For Rabi crops – 31 December
Farmers can also find out the last date of application of this scheme by asking the Bank, CSC Centre, PMFBY Portal, Insurance Company, or Agriculture Officer.
Benefits of PM Crop Insurance Scheme
- Any small or big farmer can apply and get the benefit of Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme.
- With this scheme you can get compensation for crop losses during natural disasters.
- On applying for insurance in case of crop loss, assistance is provided through Direct Benefit Transfer to the farmer’s bank account.
- Crop Insurance Scheme (PMFBY) is provided tax free to farmers.