QA/QC Engineer Roles and Responsibilities in the Construction
The QA/QC Engineer Roles and Responsibilities: Is responsible for the completed project’s QA/QC documents including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instructions/observations, permanent materials, and other important QA/QC documents.
What is QA/QC in Civil Engineering?
QA/QC is a combination of quality assurance, the process or set of processes used to measure and assure the quality of a product, and quality control, the process of ensuring products and services meet consumer expectations.
Quality assurance is process-oriented and focuses on defect prevention, while quality control is product-oriented and focuses on defect detection.
In terms of quality assurance, we used to submit a law statement, work procedure, checklist, inspection and test plan, project quality plan and many other documents to explain to customers how we deliver a good quality end product are going live up to their expectations.
Under quality control, we are ensuring that all SOPs and method statements must be followed to fulfill customer/client requirements while executing the work. This is nothing, but the quality of the work should be executed according to all the documents we have submitted under the assurance. To ensure that we are checking and testing on the material during the work process.
Purpose of QA/QC Engineer
- Periodic Site inspection based on the Inspection request, site Surveillance and proactive activate at the Site.
- Consolidate, review and verify documents requirements as per Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) prior to submission to PMT for final acceptance.
- Consolidate and monitor documents requirements as per Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) prior to the approval of the Project Management Team – PMT (Consultant).
- Generate Non-conformance reports to activities not conforming to project specifications and monitor detailed action plans for closeout.
QA/QC Engineer Roles and Responsibilities
QA/QC Engineer Job Description
Accurate knowledge of all aspects of engineering construction related to civil, architectural, and structural discipline, responsible for the quality and workmanship of every activity, disrupts multidisciplinary processes.
Is responsible for the completed project’s QA/QC documents including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instructions/observations, permanent materials, and other important QA/QC documents.
Develop and determine all standards for inspection and testing on all processes and monitor all testing methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes.
Review the quality of all materials on-site and ensure compliance with all project specifications and quality and collaborate with the department for all material procurement and maintain material quality.
Supervise the effective implementation of all testing and inspection programs and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to conduct quality audits on processes.
Assist with staff and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain quality of all systems to ensure knowledge of all quality standards and compliance with all quality manuals and procedures.
Read Also: Roles and Responsibilities of QA/QC Manager
Have to manage to handle every types of equipment lifting and efficient storage of all hazardous materials and perform quality audits as per the required schedule.
Analyze all products and non-conformance processes and evaluate all documents to prepare monthly reports to ensure optimal quality maintenance and evaluate performance.
Monitor an efficient system and records for all project activities and analyze all processes to ensure all tasks according to quality requirements.
Manage all work methods and maintain knowledge on all quality assurance standards and continuously monitor application for all quality assurance processes and recommend corrective actions for all processes.
Develop a method statement including risk assessment for the activity and job safety environmental analysis and inspection test plan and checklists based on project specifications.
Role and Responsibilities of Site QC Engineer
- Organize, implement, conduct and manage the Quality Management System as per the Company policy, contract specifications, and ISO 9001 standards.
- Perform activities such as document control and quality records management, material procurement traceability, and other procedures as stated in the Project Quality Manual.
- Notification to QA/QC Manager and Project Management of all quality issues.
- Ensure company standards as outlined in Project Quality Manual are effectively implemented.
- Coordination with the PMT Engineers, subcontractors, and/or internal departments on quality-related matters as required.
- Calibration, Repair, Ensure optimum utilization and maintenance of measurement and testing equipment.
- Maintain a record of internal non-conformances and conduct necessary follow-up to ensure satisfactory corrective and preventive actions are taken.
- Review and implements Project Quality Manual, Inspection and Test Plan, Method Statements, and project-specific procedures.
- Quality Control Engineer shall raise a New Document/Document Change Proposal if required.
- Performs all kinds of site inspections, follow-up of activities, and approval.
- Endorses Corrective and preventive actions on non-conformities.
- Witnesses material testing.
- Evaluate Subcontractors /Service Providers based on their performance and daily activities and Give Reports to QA/QC Manager.
- Consolidate and maintain all quality documentation in collaboration with Quality Document Controller.
- Communicate Quality Objectives and Quality policy to all Relevant Authorities.
- Evaluate Quality Objectives and check the attainability of Quality Objectives.
Internal / External Communications
- Internally QA/QC Manager and Project Construction Team.
- Externally with Project Management Team – PMT (Consultant) Engineers, and Sub Contractors.
- Coordinate with the consultant’s (PMT) representative and site in-charge for inspection.
Special Requirements / Features
- Knowledge of project requirements and specifications, ISO 9001.
- Must knowledge of the International Organization for Standardization Quality Systems.
- Knowledge of the Automotive Engineers Quality Systems Society (in the automotive and aerospace sectors)
- Report to QA/QC Manager/Site QA/QC Manager
- Control and monitor all activities related to quality.
I hope you like this article which is related to “QA/QC Engineer Roles and Responsibilities in the Construction Industry”, “QA/QC Engineer Job Description”. If you like or have a any question in your mind, dont hesitate to comment on us in the comment box. Thank You
Quality engineer construction
[…] / MEP teams and Subcontractors are fully responsible for all aspects of Quality and Safety. And QA/QC and HSE teams’ roles are to provide training, advise, guidance, and to conduct monitoring, […]