In these articles, I am going to focus on some important points of Technical Manager Roles & Responsibilities – Job Descriptions for the Construction Project.
Technical Manager – Purpose
- To ensure that all drawings are provided as per the contract program, specifications requirements, and standards.
Technical Manager Roles & Responsibilities – Job Descriptions
- Co-ordination of all Engineering related Works like Design and Engineering of Applicable Drawings.
- Management and Co-ordination of:
- Verification of calculation.
- Validation of all Designs.
- Issuance of Technical Quires.
- Redline and As build coordination.
Ensure drawing production and management for the project
- Ensure drawing production and management for the project are within schedule and per the project specification and program.
- Ensures accurateness of all trade drawings including coordination/composite shop drawings and design drawings.
- Technical Manager manages the interfaces among different groups involved in design and development to ensure impressive communication and clear assignment of responsibilities.
Establish Engineering management procedures
- Establish Engineering management procedures in compliance with Contract terms and Client requirements.
- Schedules project activities including shop drawings and as-built drawings, identifying critical milestones.
- Attends Project Management Review Meeting regularly.
- Establish procedures for project document and information flow, project record keeping, including the compilation of design keeping, including the compilation of design data, vendor and manufacturer information.
Organize and Perform
- Control Drawings as per approved Document Control Procedure.
- Organize and perform in-house multi-disciplinary design reviews and checks, report results with recommendations on the action. (Roles & Responsibilities of Technical Manager)
- Conduct Designer Evaluation and prepare an action plan for improving Potential Non- conforming areas.
Internal / External Communications of Technical Manager
- Internally with Project Team.
- Externally with PMT, Design Consultant, Subcontractors, etc.
Special Requirements / Features – Technical Manager
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Work well under pressure
Technical Manager Reports to:
You learned here the Roles and Responsibilities of Technical Manager – Job Description for the construction project.