Friends, In today articles of EduClicker you will learn about HR Officer Job Description / HR Officer Role and Responsibilities. What is the human resource, hr officer meaning, and their I mean hr duties and responsibilities, hr skills and experience, qualifications and requirements for this post, these all the topic we will discuses here in this post. So, please read this article till the end to gain your knowledge about HR Officer.
HR (Human Resources) Brief
An HR (human resources) function in an organization is responsible for ensuring that a workforce is capable of performing optimally, ensuring that enough people are recruited, retained, and trained to meet the organization’s goals and commitments. As such, the human resources mandate includes health and safety, recruiting, training, payroll, and more.
Read Also: What are the Roles & Responsibilities of Project Director
A human resources officer (also known as a human resource consultant) may be a generalist, performing a wide range of functions, or a specialist, focusing on a particular area. Experience includes employee relations, career counseling, health and safety, and headhunting. HR generalists are more common in smaller organizations, while larger companies may hire specialists to take on any of these responsibilities as part of their overall role. In very small organizations, HR functions may be divided among several people who also work in other functions.
Human Resources Officer
Human Resources Officer (HR Officer Job Description) who will recruit, support and develop talent through policy development and management processes. HR Officer will be responsible for administrative tasks and will contribute to making the company a better place to work.
If you have a passion for HR and are highly skilled. HR Officer should have knowledge of various human resources functions, committed and approachable person and be impressed by his character and abilities.
Read Also: Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager
HR Officer (Human resources officer) aim will be to provide excellent support and assistance to employees and managers.
HR Skills and Experience
- Minimum X years of experience related to Human Resources.
- High level of computer literacy; Desirable knowledge of ERP system as Banner.
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment and to deal with pressure in a positive manner while working to deadlines in a busy and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in professional development activities to develop and improve new and existing skills, and to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
HR Officer Job Description / HR Officer Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate for all activities related to staff visa application.
- Perform all personnel activities for staff and non-staff.
- Perform all other tasks/jobs as assigned by Personnel Manager.
- Assigns the jobs to office vehicle for other departments as well.
- Coordinates with camp bosses.
- Organizes staff guest house supervision.
- Prepares and forwards employees leave & final settlements to accounts department.
- Updates records/details of non-staff such as: visa, labor card, passport issue & expiry dates, etc.
- Provide support by coordinating all office activities for smooth operations.
- Make schedule for medical and inform concerned department to send them in time and coordinate with the staff for the same.
- Ensure that the departmental manpower requirements are met.
- Assign the methods of recruitment. Supervise the process of placing advertisements for all vacancies.
- Negotiate contracts with external advertising agencies and recruitment consultants to secure
the most favorable terms for the organization.
- Coordinate and manage recruitment, screen, interview applicants and appoint staff in
consultation with the line managers.
- Develop the Employee Handbook and ensure its rolled down to the new staff.
- Supervise the New Joining Formalities and ensure that they undergo Induction training programme.
- Track the progress of vacancies through the HR Database and screen CV’s to meet requirements for current vacancies.
- Prepare and place advertisements where required.
- Conduct interviews and complete candidate assessment sheets.
- Correspond with agents for recruitment trip arrangements for staff categories and all other matters such as hotel booking and travel arrangements.
- Documented and monitored HRD objectives through monthly feedback and reports
HR Administrator / Assistant
- Arranging vehicle for picking up employees from airport, when they come at first time.
- Inform camp bosses for their accommodation and make arrangement with Accounts department for their advance.
- Keeping and updating employee files.
- Maintaining stationeries and distributing them as per request.
- Performs all other jobs assigned from time to time by the Personnel Manager.
- Arranging vehicles for various departments in office.
- Prepare Offer Letters for all staff categories as and when directed by recruitment officer.
- Ensure all documents are received from candidates for visa application and maintain all files pertaining to potential candidates.
- Update recruitment status.
- Coordinate with candidates at all stages.
Human Resources Officer Qualifications and Requirements
- X years of experience as a Human Resources Officer or similar Human Resources position.
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay and benefits, recruiting, onboarding, evaluation, training and development, etc.
- Good knowledge of labor laws.
- Proficient in MS Office
- X years of experience with HR software such as ATS, HRIS, and Recruitment Marketing Platform.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Additional education and certification in human resources would be an advantage.
Read Also: Why do we Forget? – Human Memory Power
Thank you for reading this article of EduClicker, for more educational post, please continuously visit to our site.