Site Calibration Control Procedure: To ensure that all test and measuring equipment used on Project sites are calibrated. It is the responsibility of site personnel to check on the calibration status prior to using the equipment.
References – Site Calibration Control Procedure
ISO 9001 Standard, Project Quality Plan, Corporate Quality Manual, Corporate Quality Assurance Manual.
Persons Involved – Site Calibration Control Procedure
- PMT: Project Management Team
- PM: Project Manager
- CM: Construction Manager
- SQCT: Site Quality Control Team
- SQM: Site QA/QC Manager
- SQE: Site Quality Control Engineer
- SE: Site Engineer
- SME: Senior Mechanical Engineer
- SEE: Senior Electrical Engineer
- DCC: Document Controller
- LT: Laboratory Technician
Process Flow – Site Calibration Control Procedure
- All calibration records and the coordination of re-calibrating equipment is the responsibility of the Site QA/QC Manager with Quality Team and LT.
- All calibration records and the coordination of re-calibrating equipment is the responsibility of the Site QC Team.
- Company equipment delivered to the Project site for measuring and testing the quality of the structure shall be complete with operation manual (s), has a label attached stating when was its last calibration date, the due date for re-calibration, and the equipment’s Company Tag Number.
Read also: Material Control Procedure
- Site QC Engineer shall prepare the Calibration Status Log to be filed by the Laboratory Technician, in which, after completing, shall return to the Site QC Engineer for references, monitoring, review, and documentation.
- The site QC Engineer shall ensure that no equipment/gauge is in use without being calibrated with a valid calibration certificate.
- The Site QC Engineer shall review the Calibration Status Log. All outdated equipment shall be highlighted and issued a request for immediate re-calibration to the laboratory.
- Calibration shall be performed at established periods as specified in Employer standards, manufacturer recommendations, and/or other applicable international standards. If no standards apply, the calibration rotation shall not increase six months. The contractor shall provide back-up equipment’s when the main equipment is being calibrated or tested.
Read also: Control of Quality Records Procedure
Site Calibration Control Procedure
- All site personnel using measuring and test equipment shall check the calibration status of their equipment prior to each use.
- If the calibration date of the equipment has elapsed, the equipment shall be set aside, secluded from other equipment, and shall clearly mark with a tag “OUT OF USE / FOR RE-CALIBRATION”.
- The Project Manager shall arrange for the equipment to be returned for recalibration.
Read also: Project Control Procedure
- Any equipment that receives damage, misuse, or modification that may affect its calibration shall be withdrawn from use and clearly marked ‘Out of Use’.
- Any measuring device that has been repaired shall be calibrated prior to use.
- This procedure is subject to internal auditing in accordance with the Project audit schedule.
- Copies of the calibration certificates shall be maintained at the Site QA/QC Manager Office and may be supplied to the PMT as required.