Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager – Job Description of the Project Manager: In these articles, EduClicker will let you know the Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager (Project Manager Job Description) of the construction project.
You will learn here about the Project Manager’s responsibilities, roles, power, what is his scope of work, and how he will be acting at the project.
So, let’s start, Read these articles till the end to know the Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager.
Purpose – (Job Description of Project Manager)
- Ensure that all the contract specifications/Program requirements are achieved with good quality of work.
- Coordinate all resources required for the execution of the Project and completion on time with the agreed budget. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager)
- To ensure overall planning, control, and execution of the project in a cost-effective manner and ensure compliance with legislation, contract technical specification, programs, quality, safety, and environmental requirements to meet customer expectations and satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Monitor, control, and direct the entire Construction Team.
- Set and liaise with sub-contractors to break down the IMS to daily or weekly activities to enable good monitoring and control.
- Initiates collecting daily reports from the subcontractor’s representatives and forwards it to the Project Director to discuss work status and actions required to be done.
- Ensures that any deviation, stop of work, and/or nonconformance, either coming from construction staff or from an external party, are properly addressed and closed.
Implement, Monitor, and Control
- Liaise with the Project Director and the QA/QC Manager for any comment on the method statement at the time of preparation.
- Implement, monitor, and control the daily activities as per the Planning schedule.
- Ensure that the suppliers and subcontractors are informed of the delivery deadlines to be met. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager)
- Participate in all meetings with subcontractors and PMT related to the construction issues.
Resolve Quality Issues
- Authority in the determination of all quality, safety & environmental-related matters affecting the Site. In addition, this position has a direct coordination with the Site QA/QC Manager to resolve quality issues. And should this be necessary.
- Attend Project Management Review meeting and discuss all quality and construction issues and find the solution for potential non-conforming areas.
- Collaborate with Construction Managers and Senior Engineers to conduct an evaluation of Employees, Vendors (suppliers & subcontractors), etc.
Correction and Corrective Action
- Endorse QA/QC Manager to prepare Training Plan based on the gap analysis conducted at the site.
- Distributes external and internal NCRs and SSR to respective action owners, as identified by the PD, for timely correction and corrective action of the nonconformities.
- Monitors the action owner to ensure the closure of external and internal NCRs and SSR.
- Collaborate with the QA/QC Manager for conducting the Client Satisfaction Survey as per the approved procedure. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Project Manager)
Internal / External Communications
- Internally communications with the Project team in line with the requirements of the Company Management Systems (CMS).
- Externally with PMT/Subcontractor/Supplier representative.
Special Requirements / Features
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Work well under pressure
- Project Director