Purpose of project quality training procedure: To determine the required competencies and ensure training is provided to achieve a higher quality of workmanship of personnel.
- ISO 9001 Standard
- Project Quality Plan
- Corporate Quality manual
- Corporate Quality Assurance manual
Persons Involved in Quality Training
- PMT- Project Management Team
- QDM- Quality Department Manager
- PD- Project Director
- PM- Project Manager
- SE- Senior Engineer
- SQM- Site QA/QC Manager
- SQE- Site QC Engineer
- SE- Site Engineers
- DCC- Document Controller
The process to be Flow – Project Quality Training Procedure
The Site QA/QC Manager with the Project Manager shall prepare a Training Plan on the basis of Annual Gap Analysis, the result of the Project Management Review Meeting, periodic assessment, and other similar methods.
The Site QA/QC Manager shall verify the necessity of training where required by the following:
- Regulatory requirement
- Statutory requirement
- Project requirement
- Quality requirement
Note: The Site QA/QC Manager shall also consider training requested by the Employer / PMT, Project Manager, and Senior Engineers which will be identified as the “requestor”. Whereas training is required by the Employer / PMT, coordination will be made for both parties (Contractor & Employer/PMT) and training will be arranged as per the contract.
The Site QA / QC Manager and Site Project Manager shall identify the appropriate training required to raise the level of workmanship of appropriate personnel that will, directly and indirectly, affect the quality of the product /services all throughout the construction stage.
The type of training requirement shall be identified if:
- In-house Training (Induction, Re-induction, Awareness & Others)
- External Training (3rd party Training)
The Site QC Engineer, in coordination with the Site Engineer, shall prepare a training plan with the following details:
- Name of the trainee(s)
- The current position of the trainee(s)
- Computer number
- Type of training required
- Schedule of training (Date, time, duration & location)
- Immediate supervisor
- The requestor of training (Employer / PMT, Project Manager & Senior Engineers) if applicable
All Training Plan and its modifications shall be discussed and submitted to the Site QA/QC Manager for review.
Once finalized, the Site QA/QC Manager shall coordinate the Training Plan to the Project Manager to obtain approval.
The Project Manager shall review and sign the training plan on his approval. If the training plan is rejected, the Project Manager shall send the training plan back to the Site QA/QC Manager for revision.
Read also: Project Communication Procedure and Plan
Where training is required by a requestor, he shall submit a formal letter to the Site QC Engineer.
The Site QA/QC Manager / QC Engineer shall review the request if it is applicable in any part of the construction stage. If found applicable, the Site QC engineer shall discuss the training needs of the Project Manager. Otherwise, it shall be returned back to the requestor with comment(s) on why the request has been turned down. If possible, necessary documents will be attached to justify the rejection of the training request.
Approved training request from the requestor shall be included in the training plan laid by the Site QA/QC Manager/QC Engineer. Training shall be carried out as follows:
(a) IN-HOUSE TRAINING – Project Quality Training Procedure
- The site QC Engineer shall assign a competent instructor who has a broad knowledge of the specific field of
- The instructor shall prepare all training materials needed prior to the training. The instructor shall be assisted by the Site QC Engineer, Project Manager, and other appropriate personnel to fulfill the desired result of the
(b) EXTERNAL TRAINING – Project Quality Training Procedure
- The Site QA/QC Manager shall procure a recognized 3rd party training organization to provide appropriate training as
- The Site QA/QC Manager shall submit a list of 3 potential 3rd party training organizations to the Project
- The Project Manager shall review and approve the list. The Project Manager and Site QA/QC Manager may suggest a 3rd party training organization.
- The Site QA/QC Manager shall initiate placing the Purchase Order to the 3rd Party Training Organization and arrange the final date of
Once the Training Plan is finalized, all records shall be forwarded to the Site QA/QC Manager/QC Engineer for implementation and monitoring.
Participants shall be notified by the Site QA/QC Manager/ Engineer of the course schedule, arrangements made, and provide them with the course material to help them study the same before the course begins. A list of participants shall be provided to the instructor.
Read also: Control of Quality Records Procedure
Training shall be executed as detailed in the training plan. The attendance of all trainees shall be recorded in every session of training.
The Site QC Engineer shall prepare and issue a Participation Training Certificate. A copy shall be maintained in the Site Quality Office and employee training records shall be updated.
A copy of the certificate issued shall be submitted to the Contractor Corporate Quality Manager.
The evaluation shall be given to trainees after training has been completed.
The Site QA/QC Manager / QC Engineer and Site Engineer shall monitor and evaluate the performance of the trainees after 1st productivity for its effectiveness.