This article is related to the Roles & Responsibilities of the Construction Manager, you can read this article to improve your knowledge. Here in this article, focused on the main and basic information about the Construction Manager Job Description.
- To ensure that all the specifications requirements and contract programs are achieved with good quality of work.
- The construction Manager will coordinate all resources required for the execution of the Project and completion on time with the agreed budget.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Construction Manager
- Plan, schedule, direct, and controls the progress of construction activities.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy and consistency of Project Documents and specifications and monitors progress to ensure compliance with plans & specifications.
- Prepare regular reports on progress and requirements for labor materials and machinery at the construction site.
- Meeting regularly with the subcontractors and PMT to monitor and coordinate all phases of site construction.
Consultant specifications and requirements
- Ensures Consultant specifications and requirements are implemented according to agreed-upon deliverables produces punch lists and coordinates completion of those lists.
- Evaluate and determines appropriate construction delivery systems and the most effective plan for completing the site construction.
- Organizes and attends to contractors and suppliers’ quality and performance to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Ensures the site complies with current health and safety regulations and the company’s safety policies. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Construction Manager)
Method Statements, Risk Assessments
- Develops good safety culture by ensuring that all personal are trained or well briefed (method statements, risk assessments) in the tasks they undertake.
- Coordinates communication and reports to the Project Manager/ Project Director.
- Attends Project Management Review Meeting regularly. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Construction Manager)
- Provides technical advice to the Senior Engineers in generating Method statements.
- Ensure that Site Inspections are conducted as per the approved procedure.
Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Monitor the subcontractor’s work schedule, safety performance, and work quality.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers, conducts employees and vendors (subcontractors and suppliers) evaluation. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Construction Manager)
- Endorse Senior Engineers to Conduct Tool Box meetings, before starting new activities.
- Provides inputs to QA/QC Manager for effective preparation of the training plan.
- Coordinates with Senior Engineers for the timely completion of NCR, SI, SSI, etc. Ensure that the latest version of Method Statements is available with his Senior engineers.
Internal / External Communications of Construction Manager
- Internally with the Project team in line with the requirements of the Company’s Management system. (Roles & Responsibilities of the Construction Manager)
- Externally with PMT/ Subcontractor/ Supplier representative.
Special Requirements / Features
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Work well under pressure
Construction Manager Reports to:
Read also: Control of Production and Service Provision Procedure