Procurement Manager Roles and Responsibilities – Job Description
- To ensure all materials that will be delivered at the site as per the project requirements and specifications.
- To ensure that all materials are delivered on time as per the project schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Procurement Manager will manage suppliers to meet objectives related to materials cost, materials delivery performance, schedule, and quality of the materials.
- Review the Materials / Purchase Requisitions as per PMT and Client requirements.
- Prepare and Review procurement plan and all related procurement procedures as per client requirements.
- Manage the Pre-Qualification of suppliers with the company requirement and procedures. (Procurement Manager Roles and Responsibilities)
- Preparation and material submittal of Procurement Two- week look ahead Schedule and weekly inspection/ Fabrication status.
- Arrangement of vendors warehouse inspections (external inspections) with the procurement department.
- Study technical aspects of required material through drawings and specifications to ensure the supply of the required materials.
- PM (Procurement Manager) Define and maintain the documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Liaise with suppliers on materials delivery schedules/timing so as to ensure on-time deliveries of the final product/materials.
- The manager shall Develop, implement, and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost-saving targets.
- Review and manage the materials supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with Local and international suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- The manager will Ensure the commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Adopt appropriate materials supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation for vendors and subcontractors.
- To prepare purchase order by oracle based system ERP.
- Work on technical submittals of materials according to specification and requirement of Consultant and clints.
- Manage Purchase related responsibilities. (Procurement Manager Roles and Responsibilities)
- Creating different reports as required by management.
- Making the comparative statement with respect to rates and specifications for different materials.
- Follow up of Quotations from different suppliers.
- Maintaining all procurement documents.
Coordination with other Departments
- Negotiating with the vendors for material procurement while coordinating with the higher authorities of the company, ensuring statuary and company compliances.
- Ensuring smooth coordination with other departments.
- Liaise with Procurement and Engineering Managers to ensure that all project required supplies (drawings, materials, equipment, labor, or technicians) are provided.
- Monitor in coordination with the Quantity Surveyors, actual material delivery against material schedules.
- Ensure that the suppliers and subcontractors are informed of the delivery deadline. (Procurement Manager Roles and Responsibilities)
- Supply the Site Planner with updated information regarding material availability at the site to support the construction schedule reliability.
- Inform the Site Control Manager (SCM) / Site Coordinator about plant material status and materials delivery forecast, in order to verify the feasibility of Construction schedules.
- Manage the receiving, check, storage, and preservation of materials delivered at the site.
Purchased from the Approved Vendors
- Prequalifies vendors and maintains the Approved Vendors’ List.
- To Ensure that materials are purchased from the approved vendors.
- Ensure that quality, safety, and environmental requirements are stipulated in Purchase Order / Contract with the vendors.
- Ensure that quality inspection requirements are provided by vendors as per the requirement of the contract and as stipulated in PO, in collaboration with the Quality Team.
- Monitoring of Supplier Quality Performance and Evaluation of Suppliers.
- Attend Project Management Review Meeting.
Internal / External Communications
- Internally with the Project Manager, Project Director, Senior Engineers, and Procurement Department. (Procurement Manager Roles and Responsibilities)
- Externally with Subcontractor/Supplier Representatives PMT.
Read also: MATERIAL CONTROL PROCEDURE
Special Requirements / Features
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Procurement Department Manager and Project Director.