Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the government gives the connection of Domestic LPG (LPG GAS) to the families living below the poverty line.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the Central Government has been made to allot LPG to all those families of the country who use polluted fuel for cooking even in today’s times.
This scheme was announced by the Central Government on 1 May 2016. Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the Government of India is providing domestic LPG to the APL and BPL ration card holder women of the country. This scheme works under the Central Government Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the central government gives financial assistance of Rs 1600 to the women of all BPL and APL ration card holder families. Through the PMUY, the Government of India aims to provide LPG gas connections to all the poor APL and BPL families of the Central Government of the country.
To apply under the Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana (PMUY), the age of the beneficiary women should be 18th years or more, only then she can apply and take advantage of this scheme.
Purpose of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The main objective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is to promote clean LPG fuel in India by leaving impure fuel and to save the environment from contamination. The women of families coming below the poverty line have to collect wood and cook food by burning the stove. Its smoke has a bad effect on the health of women and children.
The health of women and children will be kept safe by the use of LPG gas available under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Women empowerment is also to be promoted through this scheme.
What’s new in this plan – PMUY New Update
Under this scheme, the Central Government is providing benefits to the women of lakhs of poor families of the country. And as you all know that there is an epidemic going on all over the world, due to which lock-down has been done in India too. Due to which poor people are facing problem in living their life.
Keeping this in mind, the Finance Minister of his country has made a new announcement under this scheme. Under this PMUY, free LPG cylinder will be made available by the Central Government to the beneficiary women of poor families of the country for three months.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Key Facts
- The family who is eligible for this scheme will get Rs 1600. This money will be deposited in the account of women’s house. EMI service is also provided to the family members.
- The amount of free gas cylinder given under the PMUY has been started by the government on the lines of the first installment. Only three LPG cylinders will be given under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
- Each beneficiary is to be given only one free cylinder in a month. On lifting the delivery of the first gas cylinder, the amount of the second installment will be sent to the consumer’s account, after that the third installment will be sent.
- The benefits of this scheme will be available only to those families who come below the poverty line.
- There is a budget of 800 crores allocated by the authority. To avail free LPG connection, BPL families have to apply for this scheme.
- Those who have already applied for this scheme. They will get free LPG till June/July 2020 due to the lock-down.
Benefits of PMUY
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to all the women who come below the poverty line of the country.
- Free LPG Connection will be made available to the women of the country under this scheme.
- The benefit of PMUY will be made available to women above 18 years.
- The main objective of PMUY is to provide free gas connection to 8 crore households.
- Under this scheme, now it will be easy for the women of the country to cook.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Ration card
- Identification Card
- Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photo
- Applicant age must be 18 years or above.
Read Also: Link Mobile Number with Aadhar Card
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
Any woman who wants to apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can download the application form from the official website of PMUY.
After that fill all the information asked in the application form correctly.
After this, attach all your required documents along with the application form and submit it to your nearest gas agency.
Your LPG GAS Connection will be issued within 10 to 15 days after verifying your application form and documents by the gas agency official.