The purpose of the (Internal Audit Procedure) Project Quality Audit is to ensure that the Project Quality System is effectively operating and achieving the levels required in compliance with the Project Quality Plan, ISO 9001 requirements, and Quality Policy. Moreover, to identify any improvements required within the Project Quality System.
ISO 9001 Quality Management System Requirements Project Quality Plan
Corporate Quality Manual
Corporate Quality Assurance Manual
PMT Project Management Team
CMR Corporate Management Representative
CQM Corporate Quality Manager
SQM Site QA/QC Manager
SQE Site QC Engineer
PM Project Manager
SME Senior Mechanical Engineer
SEE Senior Electrical Engineer
- An Internal Quality Audit shall be conducted by individuals (auditor/s) duly assigned by the Corporate Management Representative. The auditor shall be competent and qualified from a recognized organization. Auditor’s CV shall be submitted to PMT for approval.(Internal Audit Procedure)
- Internal Audit shall be conducted on a quarterly basis, as per the Internal Audit Schedule duly approved by the Employer / Audit Agenda and the exact date of the audit schedule should be submitted to Employer / PMT for approval. Accordingly, the assigned auditor shall provide a Detailed Audit Plan thirty (30) calendar days prior to the actual audit schedule to the project site. Employer / PMT shall also be notified and invited to witness and participate in all Internal Audit.
- Each process from the Project Quality Plan and approved procedures shall be part of the criteria for the Quality Audits by an auditor, independent of the activity.
- All areas of the project sites should be audited and shall be assessed against their procedures.
- The area being audited must be assessed to the compliance of their pertinent procedure. Random checks shall be carried out to ensure compliance. (Internal Audit Procedure)
- After the audit, all observations in deviation to the procedures of the Quality Plan (PQP) shall be recorded and recommendations of the auditor shall be detailed and documented on the Initial Internal Audit Report form.
- Observations shall be assessed and shall be graded as follows:
- Not applicable (on time of audit)
- For Improvement
- Weak Points
- In case non-conformance was identified, the auditor shall detail the non-compliance to the Non-Conformance Report.
- After preparing the reports, the Auditor and Site QA/QC Manager shall initiate a Closing Meeting to be attended by all concerned personnel. The initial report shall be disseminated to all attendees, particularly to the Project Manager.
The Auditor shall discuss the non-conformances, weak points, points for improvement, and his recommendations to the meeting.
- In the event of any non-compliance, the NCR shall be issued to the appropriate person responsible in the area where non-conformance was observed. He will be required to provide the following:
- The reason for Non-Conformance
- Proposed Corrective Action
- The effective date of the Corrective Action
- Root Cause Analysis
- If necessary, a secondary audit shall then be carried out to ensure corrective action has been implemented. Non Conformance shall be declared “closed” upon satisfaction of the auditor, otherwise, a re-audit shall be conducted.
- The Site QA/QC Manager shall discuss the audit findings in the Project Management Review Meetings.
- The contractor shall submit a copy of the Audit Final Report to the Employer / PMT for each audit within ten (10) calendar days of its audit completion.
- Quality records shall be kept in accordance with Control of Quality Records Procedure of Quality Control Plan.
You learned here “INTERNAL AUDIT PROCEDURE”