Your IP address is your unique identity on the Internet. Without it, no one will be able to send you the valuable content you are looking for. If you want to change your IP address, Here is how to change your IP address with a VPN? So let’s start, How to Change IP Address on iPhone or Mac.
The Servers application displays your server’s IP address, which you can change in the Network pane of System Preferences. But mostly, this ID (a public IP address) is dynamic and temporary. Every time you move, it changes, either physically or virtually.
If you change the IP address, you may also need to update your network’s DNS servers and reconfigure user computers. If your server has multiple/several network interfaces, you can find and change the IP address of each one separately.
Every time you switch from mobile data to Wi-Fi and vice versa, switch to different Internet providers or use the methods described below, you get a new IP address on your iPhone.
What is an IP address?
Of course, some people may not be entirely clear what an IP address really is? there is no shame here! An IP address, which is the standard for an Internet Protocol address, is an identification number of a specific computer or device connected to a computer network. Basically, IP addresses allow computers to send and receive information, but they can also be used to track users’ physical locations, which is a nightmare for those concerned about privacy. And that’s 40 percent of VPN users based on our VPN usage research.
Why would you want to change IP address?
Your public IP is something that can already be dynamic in different circumstances. Your iOS device may be using a handful of different public IP addresses every day, and you may not know it. Again, what is my IP? It is always a good idea to have a website that monitors your IP address.
But still, there are many ways to manually apply and guarantee a new IP address. And you’re probably here because you’re concerned about your privacy and security, or you just want to access geo-restricted Netflix libraries that are exclusive to users in certain countries.
Be Anonymous Online
Sometimes an IP address may already be associated with you. For example, you have provided your fixed IP address for Internet access at the office or for any other purpose in the past.
As a result, your IT staff or the specific person you shared it with already knows that it is yours. To make identification difficult, a regular IP address change will help.
To Avoid Being Tracked
As much as an IP address is just like a home address, it can be used to control your physical location.
Read Also: How to Prevent Cyber Crime
For example, cybercriminals may need to analyze their phishing schemes, censorship authorities, and websites and applications to determine where online visits, clicks or traffic originates.
Know Your IP
The first step in changing your IP address is to verify what your IP address is, to begin with. This way, you can confirm that the IP address has changed. You can check your IP address on your iPhone by opening the Settings app and selecting the Wi-Fi network you’re currently connected to. Unless you are using a VPN or connected to a cellular network your IP address will appear in the DHCP, bootpi, or IP address field on the Static tab.
If your iPhone shows the address 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x, your iPhone shows you the IP address of your local area network or your wireless router instead of your phone. These addresses may appear with some router and firewall configurations. If so, find your IP address by browsing a website like WhatIsMyIP.com to verify your current IP. The 10.0.x.x protocol identifies the local network to which you are connecting.
How to Change the IP address of a Mac computer
So let’s start, how to change the IP address on Mac.
- Open the System Preferences application on Mac and select Network.
- Select your Wi-Fi network in the left panel
- And click Advanced.
- Select the TCP / IP tab.
- Select Manually from the drop-down menu
- Next to Configure IPv6 (or iPv4) and enter the information for the new IP.
Change the IP address of an iPhone
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app and select “Wi-Fi”
- Enable your Wi-Fi and make sure it connects to your router
- Once your Wi-Fi is connected, click on the blue icon next to the Wi-Fi signal
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Lease Renewal”
- And give your iPhone a few seconds to communicate with your router
- If your IP address begins with “169.X.X.X”, there is probably something wrong with your Wi-Fi.
- Otherwise, open Safari and enjoy browsing the internet
To change the IP address with Proxy on your iPhone
- Find a safe and secure IP proxy provider.
- Look for IPv6 proxies as they are more secure and up-to-date than IPv4.
- One advantage of a proxy is that you don’t need any software, just information.
- Once you’ve got the proxy server’s IP address and port number, open your phone and go to the Settings menu.
- To access your phone’s proxy settings go to your Wi-Fi network settings menu.
- Touch the name of the Wi-Fi network and scroll down the Wi-Fi settings menu until you find the HTTP proxy server.
- You can also change proxy IP settings for mobile data.
- Enable Proxy to manually configure proxy settings including IP, port, and authentication (if necessary).
Connect to VPN to Change IP Address
Short for Virtual Private Network, a VPN encrypts your Internet connection and routes it through servers to a location of your choice. Websites, online services, and other devices on the web will only display the VPN server’s IP address, not your actual IP address.
Read Also: What is VPN and how does it work?
VPNs are useful for downloading torrents, unblocking content blocked by regions like Netflix and BBC iPlayer, and bypassing censorship in schools, offices, and countries like China.
Mostly VPN can easily hide your IPv4 address, but there are many VPN can leak your IP address through various security vulnerabilities. Also, not all VPNs hide your IPv6 address. Choose a VPN that disables IPv6 or blocks IPv6 leaks by default.
Follow the simple steps given below.
So friends, here is how to change your IP address with a VPN? So let’s start.
- Sign up with a suitable VPN provider.
- Download the appropriate VPN app for your device.
- open VPN app
- and select a server,
- OK within your country, however, if you want to use a specific service
- Be sure to choose a server in a country where it is unlocked.
- Now, you should have a different IP address.
To Change Your IP Address Ask Your ISP
Additional option is to ask your ISP for a new IP address. Each ISP has different policies on how they handle such requests, so responses will vary. At a minimum, you’ll need your account information and current IP address.
Most ISPs use a dynamic IP address system, which means that IP addresses occasionally change and are recycled as devices connect and disconnect from the Internet. With that in mind, keep in mind that your new IP address may not be the same forever.
In some cases, you can request a static IP address from your ISP, although this may require paying an additional fee and/or going through an application process. Once you’ve provided a static IP address, you can enter it into your device’s network settings. Static/fixed IP addresses never change unless you change them manually.
Out of all the procedures discussed in this article of EduClicker, you might be wondering which one is the best. If you ask us, our answer will depend on two factors: simplicity and security.
Firstly, this is the router IP address change method that can be done from your Android phone or iPhone settings. For the latter, VPN is more efficient. Alternatively, you can test everything to find out what works best for your device.
After all, this is the best way to evaluate every technology you find online.