What is Polytechnic Course? Qualification & Job Opportunities
If you have passed the 10th or 12th examination and you want to do a technical course then you can choose polytechnic. Polytechnic Course is a very popular course, after doing it you can easily get a job.
Today in this post we will tell what is Polytechnic Course? What is the qualification required to do Polytechnic Course? How much is the fee for doing this course? What courses are covered in it? What are the benefits of doing it? So let’s know about Polytechnic Course.
What is the Polytechnic?
Polytechnic is a vocational diploma or course in which an institute focuses on imparting technical education. Generally, the polytechnic course is a three-year program after completion of which candidates obtain a certificate. Polytechnic also helps students start their careers by getting a good job at a reputable company. Most of the institutes mainly teach polytechnic courses in civil, mechanical, electrical, and new emerging branches
What is Polytechnic Course?
Polytechnic is made up of two words, from Poly + Technic, Poly means many and Technic means to learn techniques or practically i.e. Institute of many arts.
Polytechnic course is a diploma course that focuses on practical and skill-based training. Which you can do after passing 10th or 12th. This course is of three (3) years period/duration.
Many types of courses are conducted in polytechnic. According to your interest, you can do a polytechnic course by selecting the same course in whichever field you are interested in.
This is an institute where one comes to become an engineer. In this junior-level Engineer is prepared.
What is the difference between Polytechnic and B.Tech?
- The basic difference between Polytechnic and B.Tech is that Polytechnic is a diploma course, while B.Tech is a degree course.
- Polytechnic courses generally last three years, while B.Tech is a four-year undergraduate program.
- In terms of fee structure, B.Tech is a higher fee course compared to Polytechnic.
What are the courses in Polytechnic Course?
There are such courses in the polytechnic courses by which you get an engineering degree. Some of the polytechnic courses are as follows:
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication
- Diploma in Fashion Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in IT Engineering
- Diploma in Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Food Processing and Technology
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- Diploma in Genetics Engineering
- Diploma in Biotechnology
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Plastic Technology
- Diploma in Architectural Engineering
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Mining
What is the qualification required to do Polytechnic Course?
To do Polytechnic Course, it is mandatory for you to be 10th pass and 12th pass. In this, at least you have to pass from 10th, 12th 60% is mandatory. To do this course, you must have a total of 60% marks in 10th and 12th (with 40% compulsory marks in PCM).
How old is the Polytechnic Course?
Polytechnic course is completed in three years. The duration of this polytechnic course is 3 (Three) years.
There are certain conditions and requirements that candidates must meet in order to be considered for admission. Therefore, candidates/students are advised to carefully check the eligibility/abilities criteria prescribed by the college/institutes to ensure that they are eligible for admission. It should be noted that the eligibility criteria for each course vary from institute to institute.
How to take admission in Polytechnic Course?
To do a polytechnic course, it is mandatory to pass 10th and 12th. After this, you have to give Common Entrance Exam. Its entrance exam is organized at the state level.
Any student who qualifies for this exam is awarded the rank and on the basis of that rank, they are allotted college. If you pass the entrance exam with good marks then you get your admission to Government Diploma College.
In this, you have to pay fewer fees. But if you are not able to get good marks in the entrance exam then you have to take admission to a private college. You have to pay more for this. Direct admission in polytechnic courses is also done in many private colleges.
But you have to pay more for this. You can take admission in it according to your interest and qualification or according to the merit of the course from whichever course you want to do polytechnic.
What is the fee for Polytechnic Course?
Many types of courses are conducted in Polytechnic Course. Different courses have to pay different fees. The fee for this course in government colleges can be 11-20 thousand per annum and in private colleges, it can be 40-50 thousand per year.
What are the benefits of doing a Polytechnic Course?
- After doing polytechnic, you can do a job in any private or government company.
- After doing polytechnic, your B.Tech gets admission in the second year.
- Polytechnic is a professional course that gives you a professional job.
- After doing the Polytechnic course you are called Junior Engineer.
- After doing the polytechnic course, you get a technical certificate.
- Polytechnic courses can also be done by passing 10th or 12th.
- In this, you are taught in a practical way.
- To do this course, we do it in less time and less cost.
- There are many such departments in the government sector, in which preference is given to polytechnic diploma courses. For example, job opportunities are available in Railway Department, Electricity Department, Irrigation Department, Communication Department, Automobile Sector and many other Government Sectors.
Best Trade to do Polytechnic Course
At present in India, there are some such courses which have trade and by doing this course you can easily get a job in government and private easily. Some such courses are as follows:-
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Computer science and engineering
- Architectural Assistant-ship
- Chemical Engineering
For those who are middle-class people and want to become a junior-level engineer, the choice of polytechnic course can be better.
You can do a polytechnic course according to your interest and qualification, that is, you can do this course from the trade in which you are interested. Today in this post we will tell about the polytechnic course. Hope you liked it.