Friends, today we will learn about “What is Artificial Intelligence – AI Definition, Types, Courses & Top Universities”, so lets start, all those sci-fi movies we watched as kids often left us in awe, and most of us aspire to build those human-like robots one day. Growing up, we witnessed a great wave of technological advances that simplified our daily activities. Among these technological innovations, artificial intelligence is a fundamental element that deals with the emulation of human intelligence in devices and computational systems.
Almost all industries are using artificial intelligence technologies to implement the digital revolution, which has made it one of the most sought-after careers in contemporary times. Through this blog, we would like to provide you with a complete guide on how to make a career in Artificial Intelligence, the courses you can take and its wide scope.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence means: intellectual capacity developed in an artificial (artificial) way. According to Mr. John McCarthy, artificial intelligence’s father, it is the science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs, that is, the intelligence that machines exhibit. Artificial intelligence is a subdivision of computer science and its roots lie entirely in computer systems. The ultimate goal of AI is to create devices that can act intelligently and independently and reduce human labor and manual labor.
It uses machine learning to mimic human intelligence. Siri, Alexa, Tesla cars, and digital apps like Netflix and Amazon are some of the best examples of AI technologies. Bachelor’s and master’s degrees are offered in mechanical engineering, computer engineering, applied artificial intelligence, as well as diplomas in robotics and automation engineering that can lead to a career in artificial intelligence.
By studying an academic program in this field, you will be equipped with knowledge of the broad and complex concepts of AI, as well as the various technologies used to build efficient digital and robotic devices. Here are some of the main topics you can expect to study in AI courses:
- Artificial Intelligence Design
- Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence Applications
- Artificial Intelligence Programming
- AI System
- Network Analysis
Types of Artificial Intelligence
The types of artificial intelligence are below explained:
- Purely Reactive
- Limited Memory
- Brain Theory
How did artificial intelligence start? History of AI
Artificial Intelligence started in the 1950s only, but got recognition in the 1970s. At first Japan took the lead and in 1981 launched a plan called the fifth generation. He outlined a 10-year program for the development of supercomputers. Later Britain made a project named, it’s called “ELVI” for this. European Union countries (EUC) also started a program and that’s called “ESPRIT”. In 1983, some private organizations established a “Microelectronics and Computer Technology” consortium to develop advanced technologies applicable to very large-scale integrated circuits, such as artificial intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence Courses
Since Artificial Intelligence implies a multidisciplinary education and training and touches many areas. The course offerings in this vary and are designed to meet the needs and requirements of the people in the background. In this regard, we have included a list below of not only the main AI courses but also the most extensive ones:
- Bachelors in AI
- BSc Mathematics
- Computer Science Bachelors (Major AI)
- Master of Science in AI
- MSc Mathematics
- Masters in Machine Learning
- Master in Engineering (ME)
- MBA in Data Science
- MS in Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Artificial Intelligence
- PhD in Computer Science
- PhD in Mathematics
Artificial Intelligence Fitness
Below are the general competencies for Artificial Intelligence:
- To get admission in Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses in Artificial Engineering, students must have minimum 10+2 schooling with experience in PCM from a recognized school.
- GRE score is mandatory along with English language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL etc.
- For students choosing the master’s level course, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subjects is required.
- Some colleges and universities require scores of entrance exams like JEE Main, JEE Advanced to get Bachelor of Engineering in India. Also, some colleges/universities conduct their own entrance exams. For these courses abroad, it is necessary to meet the required grade requirements established by the university, which may vary from university to university and course to course.
- Most foreign universities require SAT scores for bachelor’s degree and GRE score for master’s degree.
- It is also necessary to submit SOP, LOR, CV/Resume and portfolio for studying in foreign universities.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
Companies are using AI to build better relationships with their customers as well as to handle tasks that are otherwise performed by humans, but can be done faster by automating robotic processes. Also, websites are increasingly using machine learning algorithms to figure out the best ways to serve customers. Various applications of artificial intelligence in the business sector include chatbots on websites to ensure faster services to customers. AI has the potential to increase sales, perform predictive analytics, improve your overall consumer experience, and create efficient and effective work processes.
When it comes to the education sector, AI has brought about significant changes by revolutionizing the traditional teaching methods. Digital technologies can be effectively incorporated for homework grading as well as for providing intelligent content through online study materials, e-conferences etc. In addition, admission portals such as Leverage Edu are also using AI efficiently to help students find courses and universities that best suit their preferences and career goals. There are countless other applications of artificial intelligence in education, such as online courses and learning platforms and digital applications, intelligent AI tutors, online career guidance, virtual facilitators, etc.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has proved to be an important and effective/operative technology for the healthcare sector as it has revolutionized medical diagnostics, equipment, research etc. In addition to using computational techniques for better and faster diagnosis of diseases, artificial intelligence has many important applications, as complex algorithms can be used to simulate human cognition for analysis and interpretation of complex medical and healthcare data. Could AI systems can handle large amounts of data and analyze it to suggest the best treatment methods. Many healthcare companies have also designed digital applications like Lybrate, WebMD etc., where patients can report their ailments and seek medical help from healthcare professionals.
Artificial intelligence applications are also growing rapidly in the banking sector. There are many banks around the world that are already leveraging artificial intelligence to detect credit card fraud related activity and facilitate online banking. Almost all banks provide online applications to their users where they can track their account transactions, make online payments and detect payment frauds along with anti-money laundering patterns. Even big-name companies like Mastercard and RBS Worldpay rely on Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning.
In the financial sector, Artificial Intelligence is playing an important role in determining the future market patterns. The main purpose and goal of AI-based technologies in the financial sector is to conduct a deep analysis of the dynamics of stock trading. Using various AI applications, the financial industry is incorporating adaptive intelligence, algorithmic trading and machine learning into financial processes. Based on the prediction of market prices, they help people to make the right decisions.
There are many problems related to climate change which are seriously affecting the lives of farmers and crop production. To address the agrarian crisis, many AI-based machines are at the forefront, be it robots or algorithms, helping farmers with sustainable agricultural production. They help farmers find more effective ways to protect crops from weeds. Using AI applications effectively in agriculture, Blue River Technology has set a great example by creating machines that can detect weeds in cotton plants. These automated machines spray on plants with the help of computer vision techniques which help protect them from herbicides.
Smart car is the best example of an autonomous vehicle. It is one of the popular applications of artificial intelligence in the automotive sector. There are prolific companies, like Waymo, that have done many test drives to make their product a success. They included systems for the generation and control of signals for the movement of vehicles.
Artificial Intelligence Example
Please see below are given some examples of artificial intelligence:
- Intelligent Robot
- Computer Gaming
- Language Recognition
- Expert Systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Vision System
Read Also: How to Change Google Assistant Language?
Top AI Inventions of 2022
Please see the list of top artificial intelligence inventions of 2022 given below:
- More Power to Language Modeling
- SSL for Image Modeling
- Conversational AI
- AI-Based Cybersecurity
- Computer Vision Technology in Businesses
- More AI-driven Scientific Discoveries
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- Developer Productivity
Artificial Intelligence Courses and Top Universities
In the broad field of artificial intelligence, all robotics courses are offered that can equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to build amazing technological innovations. The table below lists some of the top universities and their potential courses that are designed for those interested in pursuing a career in Artificial Intelligence:
|BSc in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (BSc-CSAI)||Northumbria University||UK|
|B.Sc in Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence & Data Science||Stony Brook University||America|
|BSc in Mechanical Engineering-Robotics||University of Hartford||America|
|BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science||University of Birmingham||UK|
|Bachelor of Software Engineering of Artificial Intelligence (BSEAI)||Torrance University||Australia|
|Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering||Algonquin College||Canada|
|MSc in Artificial Intelligence||Boston University||America|
|MSc Human-Robot Interaction||Tufts University||America|
|MSc in Human-Centered Bigdata and Artificial Intelligence||Swansea University||UK|
|MSc in Applied Artificial Intelligence||Cranfield University||England|
Top Universities in India
In India, some of the top universities and colleges are offering artificial intelligence courses. See listed below:
- All IITs
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- NIT Surathkal – National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK)
- Institutions of Engineers India, Kolkata, India
- CV Raman Global University, Bhubaneswar, India
- University of Wales – Vail Institute of Science Technology and Advanced Studies (VISTAS)
- Srinivasa Institute of Technology, Mangalore, India
- Shivaji University, Kolhapuri, India
- Indian Maritime University, Chennai, India
- PARK-College of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore (PCET)
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Pune, India (SIMS)
- GKM College of Engineering & Technology, Chennai, India (GCET)
Friends, if you are interested to take admission, here are application process for admission in overseas universities is as follows:
- The first step in your application process is you have to choose/decide the right/desire course, for which you can shortlist your favorite courses with the help of AI Course Finder.
- After contact with experts/specialist they will start your Admission application process of multiple universities through common dashboard platform.
- The next step is to collect all your documents such as SOP, essay, Certificates and LOR and required test scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT etc. and organize for next process.
- If you have not yet ready for your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc. examination, which is definitely an imperative factor in studying overseas, then you can join Leverage Live Classes. These classes can prove to be an important factor in getting you a high-score in your test result.
- After submitting your application and all required and necessary documents, experts will start the application process for student visa, scholarship / student loan and accommodation.
- Now after all those above process don, it’s time to wait for your offer letter which may take some time around 4-6 weeks or more. And the final last step of your application process is to accept the offer letter and pay the required fee that’s All.
Indian Universities Application Process is as follows:
- First of all, you have to register by visiting the official website of your chosen university.
- After registering in the University/collage website, you will get a user name and password.
- Then after you need to sign in to the website and select your chosen course which you want to do.
- Now, you have to fill the application form with educational qualification, category and required details.
- After that, submit your application form and pay the required application fee by online.
- If the admission process is based on the entrance test, then firstly you have to register for the entrance test and then wait for the counseling after the result. You will be selected on the basis of your obtain marks in the entrance test and a list will be issued.
Below are some of the important required documents listed:
- Official Academic Transcript
- Scanned Passport Copy
- IELTS or TOEFL, Required Test Scores
- Professional/Academic LORs
- Essay (if required)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport and student visa
- Bank Details
Please see below is a list of all nationally and internationally recognized entrance/test examination that universities in India and overseas use to admit students to engineering degrees:
|SAT (For Bachelors Abroad)||GRE (For Masters Abroad)|
|JEE Main||JEE Advanced|
|MERI Entrance Exam||——-|
Career Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence
As mentioned, a quality AI education prepares you for positions in all industries and for a wide variety of roles, from entry-level to senior-level. Companies working in the field of information technology and equipment such as Apple, Business Analytics, Financial Wealth Management, Data Analytics, Healthcare Administration, etc. are the main employers. After successfully completing a degree in Computer Science (CS) or related fields, you can explore the vast career opportunities in AI and Machine Learning. We have listed some of the top profiles you can apply for to make a career in Artificial Intelligence.
- Research Assistant
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Big Data Analyst
- Software Analyst
- Algorithm Analyst
- AI Analyst
- Statistical Scientist
- Business intelligence Developer
Job Profile & Salary
The average salary for an engineer often varies by qualification, location and years of experience. Companies typically pay lower salaries to entry-level engineers, while senior engineers with more responsibilities can earn above average. The salary of an engineer according to the pay scale is given below:
|Job Profile||Estimated Annual Salary|
|Machine Learning Engineer – MLE||INR 4 Lakh -16 Lakh|
|Business Intelligence Developer – BID||INR 8 Lakh -15 Lakh|
|Industrial Engineer||INR 5 Lakh -10 Lakh|
|Robotics Engineer||INR 5 Lakh -10 Lakh|
|Data Scientist||INR 10 Lakh -15 Lakh|
|Automobile Engineer||INR 6.5 Lakh -10 Lakh|
|Communication Systems Engineer- CSE||INR 14 Lakh -21 Lakh|
|Logistics Engineer||INR 8 Lakh -10 Lakh|
|Instrumentation Engineer||INR 5 Lakh -10 Lakh|
|Manufacturing & Electrical Engineer – MEE||INR 14 Lakh -20 Lakh|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||INR 5 Lakh -10 Lakh|
So, Friends, Simply you can understand that the Artificial intelligence is a subdivision of computer science and its roots lie entirely in computer systems. The ultimate goal of AI is to create devices that can act intelligently and independently and reduce human labor and manual labor. I hope you like this article related to “What is Artificial Intelligence – Definition, Course, Types of AI, Applications of AI, Thanks.